>> Benefits of Membership
Benefits of Membership
Look at the benefits available to members -
- Free advice - provision of legal advice and general advice in respect of improving service delivery.
- Employment matters - support and guidance on a range of employment matters.
- Financial guidance - expert support on all council financial matters.
- Audit advice - general advice on audit matters.
- Representation with the Welsh Government - One Voice Wales works closely with Government Ministers and officials which means that we are always up to date on developments affecting councils. We also work with a range of other partners promoting the interests of councils.
- Training courses and seminars - see the training pages for full details of upcoming courses and seminars.
- E-bulletin - a monthly e-bulletin is published and issued to member councils, highlighting developments in the sector at a national and local level.
- Annual Conference - an annual conference is organised for our members, enabling them to hear directly about developing policy and service delivery agendas.
- Best practice - gathering and sharing information on best practice for councils on all sorts of issues.
- Website - with a dedicated Members' Area full of useful information for councils and councillors in Wales.
- Advice and guidance on external consultations.
- Share information with other councils - member councils are encouraged to share information about their news and activities through One Voice Wales' website and newsletter - they can then contact each other directly to learn from each others' experience.